Sunday 20 May 2012

YOLO

Don't particularly like the phrase; don't particularly like the song; love the sentiment.

YOLO: You Only Live Once.
So: Do shit, because you might not be able to tomorrow; do stuff to say you've done it.  Live to please yourself, live to be alive.

This and the problem with Tumblr is what got me onto this post.

The problem with Tumblr is questions like these:
"What's the meaning of life?"
To change the world, to be happy, to change the world even if it's just by smiling at everyone who walks past you on the street.
It amazes me that people can disagree with this.

"What would happen if I died?"
Nothing.

"Who would care if I died?"
The people who love you. And they are there.

+ some general melodrama.

I enjoy tumblr and yes sometimes I do feel like no one cares, etc etc.  But at the end of the day, I care if I make something of myself or not, and I care if I die and give up tomorrow.  More than that, I know that it would affect the people I love.  My mum, my dad, my brother, and I like to think my Viking.  Admittedly I'm pretty sure that the Viking would be less than the others because although we have a connection, we've only been together for 7 months.  My parents and brother, however, I know love me from the bottom of their hearts and we have always been close and loved each other.  It's because of that why I would never, ever ask to die before my parents.  I would never want to put them through that.

But that's not the point.  Where did that come from?  I got a bit carried away there, ahah.

The point is YOLO.
Live like you'll die tomorrow, farm like you'll live forever.
And in case you were wondering, the important part of that sentence was the first.

No comments: