Monday 21 May 2012

Quote Scroobius Pip

"I saw a guy on the way to the train earlier looking insanely happy about the big box of presents he had.
Like REALLY happy.
Grinning ear to ear.
I thought to myself "That guy is having a GOOD birthday...".
When I sat by him on the train I noticed they were all addressed to "Sarah".
I love that guy.
And so should Sarah."

And to quote someone who commented on that post:
"Ignore the cynics, Pip.  The world needs hopeless romantics."

I hope that if ever I am Sarah, I will appreciate that man and the presents and how pleased he is with how happy he thinks that he will make her.

Goddamn, that is sweet.

It still reminds me of my favourite poem:
Stop all the clocks, cut off the phone; prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone.  Silence the pianos and with muffled drum, bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.


I guess that Sarah and Mr Mystery are a little reminder that people can feel like W.H Auden seemed to when he wrote 'Funeral Blues'.  I love that.  I love that there is love like that.



And now, just because I'm in the mood, here's the poem I never told, recited or gave, even though when I wrote it out, my hand shook.

Edgar Allen Poe; 1835
To F-S S.O-D
Thou wouldst be loved? - then let thy heart
From its present pathway part not!
Being everything thou art,
Be nothing which thou art not.
So with the world thy gentle ways,
Thy grace, thy more than beauty,
Shall be of endless praise,
And love - a simple duty.

.xo

1 comment:

Mizuki said...

I as well, truely wish there were more like him. Although I have no clue who "sarah" or mr mystery are, and I highly doubt I will ever meet them, I wish them a long happy life together. Thanks to your blog, at I know, not all dudes are stuck up or just plan clueless :D gonna find me a new crowd XD