Friday 1 February 2013

Day 16.

31/01/2013
Despite exhaustion, we have a happy Cait; incomiiiiiiiing...!

Genuinely one of the best days of my life.

I woke up in a simply fantastic mood after sharing what had been on my mind for quite some time. Deri took me to the yard then drove to CKs to get us sausage rolls and bacon baps, bless him. Henrik came up to meet Nomad too, though I probably should have warned him about quite how muddy it is at the yard. My bad. He did bring me Norwegian chocolate too, as promised, the utter genius. I've developed something of an addiction to it (I'm eating it now.. it's better than I remember; who knew that was possible?).

Deri came back and amused Henrik while I lunged Shakie for Kelly (she actually thanked me afterwards, I near had a heart attack) then I sold her my roller for a tenner.  Seeing as I paid £15 for roller, lunge line, side reins and cavesson- I'm pretty chuffed! I've spent half of it now. Ha.. I'm a knob end.
Anyway.

Henrik left and I finished off Nomad's stable and whatnot quickly, so by the time I was done we had 2 hours to spare before I had a lecture. Deri decided to show me some more of Wales. We drove towards PJM then turned right, I can't remember where too but it was utterly spectacular. As Deri pointed out, Wales has a fantastic contrast between light and dark most of the time, so it is inexplicably picturesque. He showed me waterfalls, rivers and an old mill house and promised that we'd go back to explore the building. I can't wait.

We came up with random ideas about travelling, where to go, what to do, and that's just within Wales. The things we come up with would truly be amazing... My favourite at the moment is riding through Wales, knocking on a farmer's door and asking them if we could pitch a tent and leave the horse[s] somewhere. It would be unutterably amazing.

He got me back to campus, dropped right outside Llandinam where my lecture was, with 20 minutes to spare before my lecture. I joked that I would be late because I'd get lost, then got lost, which made it much less amusing. Good thing he kicked me out of the car, to be honest.

I had much less fun after the lecture because we did Stats until it was time to see the horse, then came back for lecture, and then did Stats again. On the good side; I won't feel bad about skipping the lecture as it's utter balls; and stats is now completely done. Well, until we get going on the next assignment.

I was completely exhausted and drained by the time I got home: I went straight upstairs and lay down before coming downstairs again so that I could have something to eat (solely because I felt so unhealthy that I felt the need to put something vegetable and tuna related into my system. Neat trick.)
I went to Deri's afterwards and fell asleep on him almost immediately; he realised how serious I was when I said I was tired and immediately insisted that I would get straight into bed. He put a movie on to keep himself amused and I just about made it to the opening credits before falling asleep. Just what the doctor ordered.

Cait.X

No comments: