Friday 14 October 2011

Day one - take two!


Hello world!
I had genuinely forgotten that I had this blog. I came back on it today and read some really lovely comments that I didn't see before.. and it made me decide to start again with 365 :)

A lot has changed since I last wrote! I'm not living in Aberystwyth and studying Equine Studies. It's only been 3 weeks so far but it must be said that I'm really enjoying it. I have learned a lot already, though have also repeated a lot.. that said, it's practice that makes perfect, so it can hardly do any damage.

What else? I left this blog shortly after Alec.. that was so long ago! Gosh. I don't even know how to fill you all in straight off the top of my head, so I think I'll just tell you as I go. I think that one of the most important things to know is that when I refer to "my viking" or "my pet viking", I mean my friend Henrik, who I only met since being here but have really connected with. He's brilliant - as soon as I have a bad night I text him, and he makes me feel so much better. Last Wednesday some guy was being a proper arsehole and made me feel really bad about myself, so I texted Henrik and he stayed up until 2am talking to me. Bless him. Hope that we stay in touch for, well, always, if I'm completely honest.

Not being at home is a really big change for me.. I find it kinda hard, but also kinda easy and natural. I'm in a flat with 9 other people (I think..) and there's such a mix of people that it's insane. We seem to all get on so well, though (except for one poor guy who gets the piss ripped out of him. I feel sorry for him, but can't help it - he's the kind of person who's every other word is digging at you or undermining your point, which gets very tiring!
I'm not sure how long we'll get on for - having seen one of my friends fall out with her housemates horribly last year - but I hope that it goes well for the year at least.

Oh so much more to say, but equally as much work to do. I don't even have assignments yet, I just have to type up a lot of notes so that I stay on top of them. Unfortunately, I haven't really done this yet... so I better get typing!

Big love (L)

No comments: