Wednesday 15 October 2014

Would you believe me if I said that I forgot my password?

I didn't. I just sort of ... forgot. What can I say? I've been busy! It's been a big year. A hard year with lots of working and dedication and exams, but also with graduating (2:1, hons, thanks ;)) and job starting. Like, proper, full time job. I think it's my first. Working two jobs while doing my dissertation was definitely not easier.

I'm a hunt groom at a private yard at the moment. For those of you who don't know, that means looking after 9 horses for a family rich enough to not do it for themselves. Dubious. I must have them well turned out and presented for hunts, which for me has included spending my first two weeks cleaning and cleaning and cleaning. I felt like everything was dirty. Now, now that I am leaving, it is spotless. D'oh!
It was a trial that I came here for, of two weeks, but there was a pretty mutual parting of ways after the two weeks were up: I didn't want here and here didn't want me. So that's an ok way to end your first job. Now, I have a day trial lined up for next week. That'll be funny because I'll be exhausted beyond belief - the family are hunting three times next week the trial is between the second and third. I might explain that when I go because I think I'll be a little heavy-limbed, to say the least.

It's kinda one of those "happened for a reason" things again, though, because this way, I can live with Deri again in a part of the world that I love doing a job that will give me a bit more training and guidance than this one, which is what I want and need at the moment. So see? It does all happen for a reason. Even if it feels like shit and you don't understand it at the time.


I keep on yawning so much that I feel like my head's gonna split in two, so I should probably go instead of continue blogging at 2am for the sole reason that I got a comment asking where I'd been. Thanks, whoever that was. But I'm going to go to bed (again) now. I promise I'll post a slightly more prolific thought than "I have a job, ooooo" next time.
Nos da. X

No comments: